An IT professional with over 20 years of full life cycle, ICT experience: designing, planning, developing solutions and upgrades to Systems, networks and infrastructure.
Working functionally within a customer focused, commercially aware, multi-site environment, all the time being business and results focused whilst identifying and meeting demands, as well as developing multi-team and customer relationships. Achieving significant savings within budget and tight timescales on numerous Projects.
Advanced Skills & Knowledge Areas
|Microsoft Products Management
· Windows 2000/2003/2008/2012 SERVER
· Exchange 2003,2007 & 2010
· WSDS Deployment
· SharePoint 2007, 2010
· Active Directory Architecture
· Group Policy Design & Implementation
· IIS 6, 7 Services
· Active Directory Forest Integrations
· Microsoft Reporting Services
· Office 365
· Windows 10 Deployment
· Windows Azure Platform
· SSO implementations
· Mcafee Epolicy Orchestrator (EPO)
· Symantec Enterprise Vault
· PCI Compliance (PCI DSS)
· ISO20000 Standards
· Enterprise Security Policies Standards
Network and Infrastructure
· Watch Guard Firewalls Xcore And 750e
· Cisco Routers
· Cisco Switches
· Wireless controllers
· Netapp storage
|· Hyper Converged Nutanix Technology
· Hyper Scale Technology
· Amazon AWS
· Microsoft Azure
· Servicedesk development
· Finance applications development
· CRM (Salesforce/informatica)
· WMS and supply chain systems
· Venue ticketing systems development
· Venue access systems-Skidata handshake
· Metapack carrier management system
· Football Scouting systems
· Retail Business Model Understanding
· Warehouse and Stores IT Requirements
· Inventory and WMS Systems Management
· IT Budgeting and Strategy
· IT Business Planning
· Deployment and Roll-out Planning
· Systems Migration and Integration
· Infrastructure Availability Management
· Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
· ITIL Standards & Service desk Management
· SLA, SLR and OLA Management
· IT Service Capacity Management
· IT Pattern Recognition Analysis
· IT Operations Management
· ICT Policy Implementation
· Project Management (PMP, Agile)
· IT Portfolio Management
· Team Leadership & Individual Development
· IT Business Case Building
· IT Systems Feasibility Studies
· IT Operations Standardisation
· Service Continual Improvement
· IT Utility and Service Warranty
· IT Relationship Management
· IT Private and Public Cloud
· Change Management Implementation
· Staff Capacity planning
· Azure cloud management
· AWS cloud management
· Cisco Unity Express 500
· Cisco Unified IP 7942 Phones
· Blackberry BES / BIS Services
· VOIP Networks Configuration
· Hunt Groups & Auto Attended Configuration
· Enterprise HR systems
· Ecommerce systems
· Retails systems
· Sport science performance systems
· Business intelligence systems
· Travel studio “Travel Booking Platform”
· Logistics systems
IT Operations Manager – Deputy Head of IT
- Lead the development of business systems strategy ensuring that the systems are operationally stable, secure and fully support the requirements of the business.
- Maintain high levels of system availability, performance, reliability and accessibility under a secure framework and where feasible have contingency options and solutions factored in.
- Ensure all systems deployed are scalable and future proofed.
- Ensure robust change management procedures are in place for all system changes and upgrades.
- Manage the Applications team and ensure excellent team interaction and collaboration.
- Develop a robust ongoing process for a regular strategic update (covering 3-5 years) of all Business Application systems.
- Represent the IT department at all levels of the business and promote the use of IT and ‘good practice’ within individual departments.
- Work closely with different departments throughout the Company to ensure that they get most from their systems.
- To work closely and have a strong relationship with the Infrastructure and Helpdesk team.
- Maintain an “IT best practice” culture across all technical areas.
- Ensure that effective operating cover is provided in the event of IT staff absences/holidays.
- Produce and maintain performance data for capacity planning.
- Keep in regular touch, via market research, on the latest technology trends and drivers and make the business case for changes and upgrades.